Thursday, May 14, 2009

Hip Happened


Last weekend I was able to have a re-do and participate in the Hip Happening Craft Show that I had to cancel last month because I was sick. It was so much fun! I have absolutely loved being a part of Etsy over the past year because of the connections I have made with people all over the world, but this is the first time I've been able to actually meet people locally! I loved talking with the other vendors about makin' stuff, Portland, Etsy, and more! My only regret is that because I was manning my table alone, I was never able to get up and actually walk around the show myself! I know that I could've had someone watch my booth and it probably would've been FINE but I would have been so upset with myself if anything did happen. Next time I will make sure to have a friend come switch me out so that I can shop, eat, and go to the bathroom at some point in the 7 hours of the show!

I was really happy with how my table set-up turned out. I found some beautiful old books at Goodwill to help with the display, along with tableclothes in two of my favorite colors! The table was small enough so that I did not get overwhelmed trying to make enough jewelry before the show to have a good selection for buyers and admirers.

Another bonus of the day... all six of my roommates were graduating from Lewis and Clark last weekend, and we hosted a big meet and greet barbecue for everyone's families on Saturday night. With some coaxing from my roommates' parents, I was able to re-create my display from the show in our living room and make some additional sales! It was so much fun to see everyone sporting their new jewelry and looking BEAUTIFUL the next morning at graduation.

3 comments:

Elaine from L.A. said...

I'm so disappointed that I didn't know about the Hip Happening! I would have come to visit and given you a break~~I do that for lots of my friends!!! Let me know when the next one is and I'll come if I'm free! I hope you did well!
xo,
Elaine

Amy Olson Jewelry said...

your set-up and jewelry look really lovely! hopefully, we will be able to meet sometime :)
good luck to you this holiday season!

Laura said...

I hope so too Amy! I love visiting your shop and blog. Both are very inspirational to me! Happy Holidays!