Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Accepted

I'm feeling my way through this online crafting world as I go, and a lot of what I learn is from the Etsy forums. Recently, I was introduced to the website Trunkt. It's a website designed to link boutiques, collectors, and gallery owners with indie artists. Unlike Etsy, you can't buy directly from Trunkt; instead you can browse through the portfolios of the artists and then link to their webpages for more information.

Trunkt has a quality standard, so before creating a portfolio one must apply and be approved by a Trunkt editor. I recently applied on a whim, and was so excited to learn this morning that I was accepted! Here are the images that I submitted for judging:


Now I'll just have to see if my portfolio brings me any more exposure on Etsy! One thing I did notice right away about Trunkt is that they were sure to inform me that now that I have been "accepted" I have the option of upgrading my "standard account" to a "premium account." In other words, I can give them $50 to for a few more benefits. Kind of reminds me of when I was a little girl and my friend and I convinced our dads to take us to modeling auditions... they took our polaroids and had us practice on the runway before telling us that we had what it takes, we just needed a few "classes." (I'm embarrassed to even admit that I went to one of these!) I think that for now I will stick to my basic account...

2 comments:

Candice said...

Your jewelry is beautiful! Congrats on the acceptance to Trunkt!

Cecilia said...

It's no wonder that you were accepted. Your work looks great!